Catholic Church shuts down Mbaka’s Adoration Ministry, sends him on prayer retreat
Fiery Enugu Catholic Priest, Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka, has announced a month shutdown of the Adoration Ministry.
The Priest made the announcement in a notice on Tuesday morning.
The shutting down of the ministry, it was learnt, followed the order to Mbaka by the Catholic Bishop of Enugu Diocese, Bishop Calistus Onaga to proceed on a month’s retreat
Consequently, the ministry issued an alert on Tuesday morning to members that Fr. Mbaka was embarking on the one-month private prayer retreat.
According to the statement, “Our Spiritual Director, Rev Fr Ejike Mbaka wishes to inform his beloved adorers that he has embarked on a private prayer retreat that will end on 10th June 2021.
“Consequently, no ministry activities shall be held in the ministry ground pending his return.
“He directs that members of the ministry are to observe this period of his retreat as they used to do during the usual January breaks of the ministry, by praying at their homes, being charitable and fasting according to their ability. Adoration! Holy Spirit is our Power.”
Recall that following the exchange of words between Mbaka and the Presidency last week, the Bishop of the Diocese, on Tuesday last week summoned the priest.
But on Wednesday, news that the priest had gone missing went viral on social media, resulting in his parishioners carrying out a protest to the Bishop’s Court where they allegedly destroyed properties within the premises.
Mbaka’s Adoration members were also said to have destroyed properties at the Holy Ghost Cathedral before the cleric later appeared and directed his members to New Haven, where he addressed them.
In his address to his parishioners, Mbaka said he was not allowed to contact his members during the meeting with the Bishop who ordered him to proceed immediately on a month suspension.
The priest also accused the Diocesan leadership of planning to shut down the Adoration ministry.
Following the attack, the Bishop, Callistus Onaga declared a one week prayer for reparation over the incident.
Mbaka, on Sunday, however, apologised to the Bishop and other catholic faithful of the Diocese for the destruction of parts of the Bishop’s court and the Holy Ghost Cathedral by suspected members of his Ministry and Parish.
He also denied the rumour that he was kidnapped by the Diocese or anybody.