Exactly 8 years ago, Our Leader (Amir), Reformer, Teacher,r, and great scholar was martyred on his way home from his citadel of teaching.
ALBANI had his origins from the state of Kano in Northern Nigeria but was born and bred in Muchia Sabon Gari, Zaria.
He had his primary education in the area before he moved to Barewa College. He studied Mass Communication at Bayero University, Kano. He obtained a degree in Information Technology from the Federal University of Technology Yola, in Adamawa State. Before his death, he was a Post Graduate student Postgraduate student at the Department of Electrical Engineering at the ABU Zaria. This is in addition to his enormous study into Islamic Sciences especially Hadith, having spent decades studying hundreds of books of hadith and teaching the same. His vast knowledge and authority in Northern Nigeria led him to adopt the name “Albani” after the famous Muhammad Nasiruddin al-Albani. His students, many of whom are erudite scholars now, are spread all over the country, especially the Northern States and particularly from the states of Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Plateau, Bauchi, I, and other North and Southern Nigeria as well as some Western African countries.
For the records, these are some takeaways from the life and death of Albani.
1. Sheikh Albani was killed for his hard stance against Boko Haram and their sponsors.
2. He was killed because he encouraged the acquisition of Western Education for the Umma, especially the Womenfolk.
3. He emphasized that without quality education, the North and Muslim Ummah in particular will pay for their carelessness.
4. He did not only preach about the positive impacts of Western Education but he put it into practice during his lifetime by establishing a school from Nursery to Secondary School and laying a foundation for a University.
5. His mastery of Hadith can only be compared to a few scholars.
6. In these 8 years of his physical absence, his vision, philosophy, predictions, and projections have come to pass.
7. In these 8 years of his absence, Thousands of Albanis were produced as his teachings remain a reference point for True Salafists, not Wahabists.
Nuruddeen Kama is a Disciple at large.
Writes from Karu, FCT.