El-Rufai to sack more teachers

2

Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai has promised to sack more unqualified secondary teachers in the state.

This is as he lamented that some secondary school teachers only have primary school certificates but are teaching in public secondary schools.

El-Rufai said this on Thursday morning during the weekly ministerial briefing organised by the Presidential media team.

He revealed that his government has hired more people than it had sacked in the last five years.

“We have hired over 40,000 civil servants in the last five years, most of them being nurses, midwives and teachers,” the governor explained.

He said at the time of the briefing, 7,700 qualified secondary school teachers had been employed and would be deployed once he is done purging secondary schools of underqualified teachers.

ALSO READ:  AUN Starts Law Studies in August, 2016

The former FCT Minister explained that his overarching goal is to raise the standard of the public schools in Kaduna; one he can be confident enough to send his son to.

He, however, revealed that although his son was enrolled in a public school, he reverted to homeschooling due to threats of kidnapping which may put other children at risk.



TGnews is a tripod of (The General) News,articles, Journals, opinion and adverts to millions of people accessing the internet. Serving the common interest not personal or sectarian or Religion interest that are in conflict with the national goals and aspirations of building a united ,peaceful and progressive Nigeria and the World at Large.


Call for advert