From Umar Dankano,Yola.
As part of its strategy to addressing unemployment and hunger in the country,the Federal government has flag-off of the grant for vulnerable group and digitalized payment for conditional cash transfer in Adamawa state.
Minister of Humanitarian Affairs,Disaster management and social development,Hajiya Sa’adiya Umar Faruq disclosed at the inauguration of the programme in Yola yesterday that the exercise was an e-consolidation of the National Social Investment Programme(NSIP) designed by government to give a lighting hand to poorest and vulnerable citizens in the country.
Hajiya Sa’adiya with the implementation of the economic supporting program,the federal government has recorded tremendous successes in poverty reduction and enhancing social inclusion among Nigerian especially the less privileged ones.
She said the grant for vulnerable groups program (GVG) was introduced in 2020 to sustain the social inclusion agenda of President Buhari’s administration for improved productivity and their commercial activities which ease poverty in the land.
She stated that the target in Adamawa is to cover 4,786 beneficiaries across the 21 local government areas and 70% of the beneficiaries will be women while remaining 30% for the youths in the state.
According to her, additional 67 beneficiaries to be train as independent monitors on its second steam National Social Investment program (NSIP) “On -Boarding of independent Monitors”noting that the federal government is on track to lifting 100 million Nigerians out of poverty by 2030.
Earlier in his keynote address,Governor Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri expressed gratitude to the federal government for the efforts put in place to alleviate Nigerians out of poverty.
Represented by the secretary to the state government at the occasion.Mallam Bashiru Ahmad,Fintiri stated the readiness of his government to partner all concerned agencies and donors to improve the state in all sectors.